Saturday, February 28, 2015

Recovery at 2 weeks

My hystorectomy was 2 weeks and 4 days ago. I am recovering really well. Better than when I had my tubes tied even. It feels much like a natural delivery recovery. So I have to remind myself that I had major surgery.  



I saw my doctor on Thursday he said my incisions look real good. All of my test came back good and I'm tired all the time because I'm recovering. He explained that just because I wasn't cut wide open and didn't have a long hospital stay doesn't mean I didn't have a major surgery. He removed an organ that I was born with and I need to act like it. 



So over the last few days I've taken more naps, and rested as much as I can. And I'm not as tired or sore. My soreness isn't really pain but he said to take my Motrin for the soreness and it's helped me relax and sleep at night. 

On another note I also got my BRACA test results back. Since my mother has Breast cancer I now have Cancer on both sides of my family. That qualified me to have my insurance pay for the test. I will say I was nervous. I am however happy to announce I am Negative. I will have to be watched closer. Since my mom has Cancer I have a 1 in 5 chance of having it in my life time. With no family history its 8%. And if I had the gene it would have been 4 in 5. I feel beyond blessed to not have the gene. He said while my mom and sisters have a slight chance of still having the gene knowing that I don't should relax everyone, and it has. And I am able to tell my daughters they do not have the gene. 


And lastly we went to see our new baby Echo today. We can't wait to bring him home in 2 weeks. 






No comments:

Post a Comment