Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The Small Things Mean the Most

Today I got an email back from the head of Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep, the organization that came and took pictures of Joshua for me in the hospital. They say you should receive the cd by 6-8 weeks and its been 10 and a half and I haven't gotten mine yet.

I tried to call the photographer and e mail her and never got a response. I'm glad the people at head quarters are helping me contact her. I don't care if the pictures are perfectly edited I just want them especially the one of me Joshua and Jason together. I don't have one like that. I said in my other post that I wish I had new pictures of Joshua and while I didn't get to take new ones of course.

My sister Jessica had taken a few that I had never seen and she sent them to me tonight. I love them. Their is one close of his face from an angle that I don't have. As well as a couple of Jason's mom holding him. I didn't have one of those either. I'm grateful for these small tokens. It's proof that he was born and lived and was here and was (is) very much loved.

I've always had a lot of pictures if my children. I took so many and took them to be made. I never wanted to forget how very small they all started out as. But Joshua's are so much more than just pictures they are his life.

They are all I have left.

The smallest things:

A picture, a blanket, a ring, a footprint, a single name on a necklace. They mean the most.





No comments:

Post a Comment